GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE “MAINE EVENT” PRIZE DRAW
Main Prize: 1 x Trip to Maine, USA for two people for 10 nights (flights and accommodation) to the approximate value of £3,500, Plus your name in a future Jack Reacher Novel
Runner Up Prizes:
350 x Shipyard T-shirts
350 x Shipyard Baseball caps
10 x Signed copies of Past Tense
3 x Full sets of Jack Reacher Books
50 x Audiobook downloads of Past Tense
10 x signed hardback copies of The Midnight Line (First Edition – Hardback)
50 x paperback copies of Past Tense (Unsigned)
Opening Date/Time: 00.01am on 01/04/2019
Closing Date/Time: 11.59pm on 30/09/2019
Entry criteria: Only one entry per person, per day
The Main Prize will be taken on set dates to be confirmed and will include weekends. Entrants must be available to travel during the dates provided.
One person travelling must be aged 21 and over
Travel restrictions apply – see below or refer to the Website.
- The Promoter is Marston’s PLC (company number 00031461) (trading as “Marston’s Beer Company”) with its registered office at Marston’s House, Brewery Road, Wolverhampton WV1 4JT (the “Promoter“).
- This promotion is run in conjunction with Shipyard Brewing Company (“Shipyard”).
- This promotion is open to residents of the United Kingdom (excluding Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, except for employees/directors of the Promoter or Shipyard, such employees/directors’ immediate families/households or anyone else professionally involved with this promotion.
- This is an online promotion and internet access is required to participate. To enter, prospective entrants must go to shipyardbeer.co.uk/maine (the “Website“) and register their details or login to an existing account.
- Entrants must not use a false name or email or provide any false information when registering for use of the Website / the promotion. Entrants shall not share or disclose their login details or password to any third party. The Promoter may refuse, remove, or suspend registration at any time.
- There is no purchase necessary.
- Entrants may only enter the promotion via the Website and entries by email, post or facsimile will not be accepted.
- Any entries which have been submitted using scripts, automated systems, collaborative practices or via a third party for commercial gain will be deemed invalid.
- Entrants may use the Website, and enter the promotion, for personal non-commercial use only.
Main Prize and Runner-up Prize winners
- After the Closing Date, the winner of the Main Prize and winners for each of the Runner Up prizes will be selected at random from all complete, eligible and properly submitted entries received.
- The Main Prize winner will be provided with an itinerary and flight information within 21 days of notification of being successful. Runner Up Prize winners will normally receive their prize within 28 days of the Closing Date.
The Main Prize
- Please refer to the promotional page on the Website for full details of the Main Prize on offer.
- In particular, the Main Prize includes the following, up to an approximate aggregate value of £3,500:
- Flights available from main London airports only (return flights from London to Boston, including taxes, fees and one item of checked luggage per person);
- 10 night holiday to New England including stays at the following hotels
- 2 nights BOS – Boston Park Plaza
- 2 nights MA – Best Western Plus Cold Spring Plymouth
- 2 nights ME – Inn by the Sea ( by Portland)
- 2 night NH – Omni Mount Washington
- 1 night CT – Riverwind Inn
- 1 night RI – Hotel Viking
- Car hire included (Restrictions Apply – Driver must be over 25 years of age and hold a clean, valid driving license)
- All rooms are based on sharing a double/twin room
- Travel insurance is not included
- ATOL protected
- The Main Prize is subject to the following additional terms and conditions:
- The Main Prize must be taken between set dates to be confirmed and will include weekends. Entrants must be available to travel during the dates provided;
- Entrants must be over the age of 18 years at the time of entering this promotion. If the guest of the Main Prize winner is aged under 18, the Main Prize Winner must ensure they have obtained the prior permission of their guest’s parent or guardian;
- A minimum of one person travelling (either the Main Prize Winner or their guest) must be aged 21 and over.
- Entrants and their guest must both have a full passport valid for at least 6 months at the time of travel;
- Any necessary visas are the sole responsibility of the Main Prize winner and their guest and the Main Prize Winner should ensure they and their guest can both comply with any entry requirements required by the US authorities, which can be located here https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/usa/entry-requirements. The Promoter accepts no responsibility or liability for any failure to comply with such requirements;
- The Main Prize Winner should ensure familiarise themselves with, and ensure both they and their guest can comply with the booking terms and conditions issued by the flight and hotel operator(s) and any other relevant terms relating to the Main Prize;
- A valid credit/debit card will be required for security deposit purposes when checking into hotel accommodation;
- All elements of the Main Prize must be taken at the same time and once booked, the trip cannot be altered or amended; and
- Anything else not expressly stated as forming part of the Main Prize is expressly excluded and will be the responsibility of the Main Prize winner.
Runner Up Prize(s)
- Please refer to the promotional page on the Website for full details of the prizes on offer.
- All prizes will be posted to the winner(s) at their home address, or by collection (by arrangement with the Promotor only) from the Promotor.
Prizes – General
- In certain circumstances, the Promoter may, in its sole discretion, offer a cash alternative or transfer of all or part of a prize to a family member of the winner. Such circumstances may include (but are not limited to) the prize being inappropriate for the age or health of the winner or no longer being available for circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control. In such circumstances, the Promoter may require the winner(s) to provide written confirmation of waiver of their entitlement and/or written acceptance from any transferee to comply with these terms and conditions.
- Whilst the Promoter will make every effort to honour the advertised prize(s), the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute any prize (or part of a prize) with an alternative of a similar value if circumstances dictate this.
- Winners will be notified using the contact details they submitted on the Website. The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to contact the winning entrants to arrange for the delivery of the relevant prize, but if there is no response within 14 days, or the contact details are invalid, the Promoter reserves the right to (randomly) re-allocate the prize without liability to the first winner.
Limits on the Promoter’s responsibilities and Indemnities
- All winners agree to be fully responsible for any personal or incidental expenses and/or tax liabilities incurred in claiming and using the prizes. The Promoter will not be responsible for any loss or injury resulting from entry into the promotion or a winner’s acceptance and/or use of any prize.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for losses, failures or delays relating to circumstances beyond its reasonable control including (but not limited to) acts of God, war, terrorism, strikes, delated or cancelled flights, disputes or the acts or defaults of any supplier of the prizes.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant that is not reasonably foreseeable. The Promoter’s responsibility for any damage, loss or injury to an entrant under these terms and conditions or otherwise in connection with the promotion shall be limited to the value of the prize won by the entrant.
- The Promoter will not be responsible for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit entrants’ ability to participate in the promotion. The Promoter does not guarantee that the Website will be operational on any specific device or system or that it will be error free or available all the time.
- The Promoter will be liable for any death or personal injury arising from its negligence. Nothing in these terms and conditions will exclude that liability or any other liability, which it is not lawful to exclude.
- Each entrant will indemnify (and will keep indemnified) the Promoter and its affiliates against all costs, claims, losses, damages, expenses (including legal expenses) or other liability arising as a result of a breach of these terms and conditions, negligence or any other action which imposes an unreasonable burden on the Website including (but not limited to) the use of software robots.
- All winning entrants agree to participate in any reasonable publicity arranged by the Promoter without recompense.
- The decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The name and county of the main prize winner can be obtained for up to 6 months following the Closing Date by sending a self-addressed envelope to the Promoter’s address set out above citing the name of the promotion.
- The Promoter reserves the right to eliminate or disqualify any entries or entrants who the Promoter has reasonable grounds for believing are in breach of these conditions.
- The Website may contain links to other websites, including those belonging to the Promoter’s partners. These links are provided for convenience and are not under the control of the Promoter and as such we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, concerning the content of such sites including claims of infringement or that such sites are devoid of viruses or error free.
- The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions without prior notice at any time, for whatever reason, and without liability to any entrants for doing so. Please check these terms and conditions regularly as any changes are effective immediately upon posting to the Website.
- The rights and remedies of the Promoter under these terms and conditions are without prejudice to its rights under the law.
- These terms and conditions shall not create any rights or benefits enforceable by any third party by virtue of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These terms and conditions are made under English law. Any dispute or claim that an entrant or the Promoter brings in relation to or in connection with these terms and conditions or the promotion will be decided on the basis of English law by the English courts alone.
- It is not the intention of this promotion in any way to encourage people to consume excessive amounts of alcohol. The Promoter encourages responsible drinking.